Saturday, March 2, 2019

Testing testing

My daughter asked for a king-size but simple quilt, just subway tiles in shades of taupe. She gave me a cushion cover in the color she likes, so I used it to pick the fabrics. Then I took a few of them and made two cushion covers, one in simple quilting that is like bricks and the other using a panto that she liked.

She picked the panto. Now to get all those bricks cut out. They will finish at 3" x 9" so that is a lot of cutting. With my neck and shoulders acting up, I can only do a few at a time. 


Hubby enlarged my design wall, so that is a blessing!

I'd like to find a couple more darker taupes though. Not an easy task. 

Some of what I bought has a bit of texture in it. At first she wanted all solids but that was not possible. Once she saw these samples, she was happy (even though I worried that one of the colors was too brown). Commissions are not always easy, even if they are simple patterns!!

3 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Very pretty and I don't usually "like" taupes, and soft neutrals. The quilting designis kewlll - glad your Dh was able to help. I'm trying to encourage my DH to do some cutting - not having much success. 8-)))

Elsie Montgomery said...

If you figure out how to do it, let me know! LOL

Quiltdivajulie said...

Another lady in my local classes has her husband doing basic cutting at her doctor's request ... taupes? Check out Quilted Threads in Henniker NH online. She used to have a great selection.