Saturday, March 16, 2019

Is finished really better?

The Dear Jane folks say 'finished is better than perfect' yet sometimes I want to do a better job, or at least a little faster. This was difficult to finish. I started it ions ago, then had heart trouble (A-Fib), cataracts fixed, a couple of problems with one eye, and all sorts of trouble with ambition last year. When my doctors decided a pacemaker would fix the irregular heart, that took the stuffing out of me for a few months. So has adjusting to what my pacemaker nurse calls the "new normal" and being sleepy all the time. (I'm likely going to have them turn it up a bit, pulse is set at 60 so when I wake up I don't feel like getting up - which will make it work harder.)



However, all whining aside, this one is done and ready for its new home -- which is going to be built by early fall... so I didn't need to rush after all. 😊 It was hard to see - small stitches for the applique, and putting a black facing on black backing with black thread. If you have never tried that, I don't recommend it! And I made three mistakes doing the label of all things, but it is finished. About 25" square and for my daughter. Shhh, don't tell her. She asked me to make it, but by now she may have forgotten! It will match the runner I made for her awhile ago. 

 

2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I am usually enjoying the process so much, I am almost sad when the binding is sewn down and finished. Other times I am overjoyed. Happy for you this black on black sewing is complete. Take care of yourself!

Elaine Adair said...

Here's hoping the pacemaker perks you up - it did for both my brothers - they are working men again. Good Luck on that subject - I am so sorry to hear of "down" times.

I was wondering about you when we heard that Google + was going away - personally, I never quite knew what it was until I saw that you used it, so apparently you have found the workaround. So glad you didn't disappear! 8-)))'

I'm chugging along - kinda got slowed down by some viral thing, then heavy snow, then back issues from shoveling - this Golden Year thing is not what we thought, but we're all carrying on, thank goodness for our sewing and quilting passion and our quilting friends and bloggers. Here's to good days ahead. 8-))) Elaine Adair