Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Nativity Quilt Pattern

For the last three years, I get a rush of orders for the quilt pattern that I sell on my Etsy page. This happens on Christmas day and the day after. This year I decided to be prepared. Last January I ordered copies, collated and folded them and put everything needed for orders (except the labels and postage) in envelopes. I spent most of today copying order information to labels and plan to mail them tomorrow. Some were digital orders as the pattern is available that way or hard copy. 



I'm not sure why this happens. Are people given the pattern as a Christmas gift? Maybe. Two of them are from Australia, two from Canada, the rest from USA. I'm thankful for the success of this pattern and for those who have finished it and sent me photos of their work! 

Blessings to all.

1 comment:

Marilynne said...

Hi Elsie! I'm working through making this quilt and think it's turning out beautifully! Can hardly wait to hang it on my wall.

A question for you - after the pieces are all ironed onto the black background, you say we should sew around all the pieces. Some of the pieces are very small! What stitch did you use? Applique? Straight stitch, zig-zag? I'll be going some testing before proceeding but hope you can give me some suggestions.

Thank you very much! Marilynne