Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Quilting - the end is in sight!

I've been working on this king-size so long that I cannot say whether I like it or not. However, as the end is in sight, it is turning out better than I expected. Here is the large leaf on the left side. It was NOT flat and yet the quilting made it lay down and be flat. Truly, quilting makes the quilt.





I've done more than half the sand. It has the watery edge, then some grasses, then in the foreground some shells. For some reason, this part needed more quilting to get it to lay flat, but it is behaving nicely. 

I'm no expert and this one proved it, but it is nearly finished. The foliage at the bottom remains, and it will be fun. Then the binding, all 400 inches (about) of it.

3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congratulations on your progress -- this has been a HUGE project!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I know how you feel on a long project, mixed feelings about liking it after so many days, weeks, months working on it. I'm sure you will come to love it when it is all done and to its recipient.

Elaine Adair said...

Oh Elsie, it's going to be wonderful! So far, so really gooood!