Friday, January 4, 2013

Kali's Kimono Quilt and two new projects

Tempting to say 'Kali's Kimono Kwilt' but that is just too cutesy for the writer in me. 

And no, it is not done yet. Christmas and my husband home for nearly two weeks? I was kidding myself. It is about 2/3 done though, and so far, I'm happy. Learned a bunch on the fly too, like how to make nearly invisible joins where I had to stop stitching, cut thread, then start again. Also, it is staying nice and flat/straight, which was a big uncertainty.

I've also learned that with a bit of work, I can do my own pantos. I've lots of inspiration and books, but also the resources needed to scan, re- size and print multiples. This is for my own use and the designs I'm using don't offer pantos.

I've also cut out and began two more tops. One is from a lovely pattern by my friend Sharon at Prairie Quilt Mercantile. Look for the one called "Antique'd"and imagine it in pastels!

The other is from that quilting block-pattern-a day calendar by Accord. My son gave it to me for Christmas. I changed the colors drastically for the first one (January 1-3) and am excited to show it to you. 

No time for photos (as in, when will I ever have time to sew?) but soon... 

No comments: