Saturday, December 22, 2012

The finish is in sight

LIfe keeps getting in the way of my good intentions - or is it procrastination? I've loaded my GD's quilt and looked at it for several days. Finally, last night I quilted a row across the top border. I'd been practicing with a pantograph for awhile, but this particular design had no practice because my hand/eye coordination finally started to work. I discovered that if I squeeze my body with my elbows, following the lines and getting smooth curves is much easier. So I just jumped in and did it.


This turned out much better than I expected. It is not perfect, but neither is anything else (but God) so I qm delighted. This queen-size has a long way to go, but this border took less than ten minutes, so maybe this will be finished before the end of the year?? Stay tuned... 

No comments: