Thursday, March 1, 2012

Help...?!!

I'm hand sewing the facing to the back of Mariner's Sunset. It is about 28 feet around so will take a few days. I'll post a picture when it is finished, but I'm very happy with how it looks (as long as no one looks too closely). Getting this one finished will set me free from the nagging so I can move on...

And in that department, I have a question...

The quilt to the right, Kali's Cherry Tree, needs to be quilted. I've been procrastinating on this one too. I have decided how to mount it (it will be framed) but am not sure about the quilting. I don't want it to take over the design, but also don't want to do an all-over panto-type either. 

Any ideas? Email me, or put them in the comments for this post. All suggestions welcome!

2 comments:

hawknitr13 said...

hi elsie!
first, this cherry tree is so realistic!! i couldn't believe it was a quilt! from a distance i would suggest free-motion withing sections of a branch of leaves, following the flow/direction of the leaves/flowers. tree trunk w/long lines, grass with little spiky lines to follow the 'blades' of grass! maybe some outlines in the sky around the clouds. that's what i would do, but i've never made a picture quilt like this before!! i would be interested in seeing a closeup of your quilting when finished!! good luck! ^)^linda

Elsie Montgomery said...

I've wondered about that, yet so not sure how it will affect the overall look. I love how the tree looks like it is moving in the wind and want to keep that effect. This is a tough decision. Thanks, Linda!