Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A small Lighthouse


This little project was done way back last April, but I finally got it in a mat and frame, with a label, so now consider it finished. It started out as a patch for Julie's lab coat, but when I found out it was too big, I was kind of glad that I got to keep it. (Sorry, Julie... I know you liked the bird instead...)

Actually, it isn't quilted, but tacked down and sewn to a bit of background. I would love to make more of these landscapes. It is like a postcard only larger,  6 1/4" by 11 3/4" and took about 30 minutes of madly diving into my stash for just the right bits and then madly cutting them up. 

2 comments:

Peggy said...

It's gorgeous! From here, looks like a painting - you have so much talent!

Quiltdivajulie said...

It looks perfect in the frame -- so happy that you have it out so YOU can enjoy it!!!