Thursday, November 17, 2011

Progress report

These are five blocks for a quilt group - we are each to make floral strip sets in "quilt as you go" fashion. One of the leaders will use narrow sashing strips to join them. I made nine, four in medium tones, five in darker fabrics. She will arrange them by graduation of tones. This will be a charity quilt. 


The other picture is a close-up of some of the quilting on Mariner's Sunset. This shows about 10" in the middle of the compass where the "sun" meets the water. The water has not been quilted but will have horizontal lines of reflection, etc. Now that this is on the machine and square, and controllable, it is more of a "tamed monster" instead of being so intimidation. It's a pleasure to work on, a bit each day, in my style of free motion doodling.

3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

The new Blogger Lightbox feature prevents supersizing of your photos -- I figured out how to disable it on my blog. Happy to share the info if you want to get rid of it on your's.

LOVE what you are working on!!

Peg said...

Those blocks are great - would make a wonderful quilt all on their own (with more of course!) Loving the quilting on your Mariner's ocmpass.

Jeanne said...

The block project sounds interesting. I can't wait to see the finished quilt! Your Mariner's Compass is beautiful.