Saturday, May 1, 2010

Do you EQ?

Some days I just want to play and not cut, sew, stir up my stash, or make another UFO! So I open up Electric Quilt and make a quilt, or two, or ten. 

I bought EQ way back when and upgrade to each new version. EQ6 is really a great program, but now EQ7 is about to be released with even more great features. Their website says: "EQ7 helps develop your creativity. Combine blocks, borders and virtual fabrics, turning your computer screen into a design wall. Print quilt labels, draw original block designs, even import scanned fabric and photos. And no math needed – EQ7 calculates yardage and all pattern sizes & seam allowances." See more here.

The cool news is that Electric Quilt is also offering to sponsor a giveaway on 10 blogs, starting May 3. Whoever is chosen as one of the bloggers can give away a copy of the new software and get a copy for him/herself. I've added my name, and hope to be one of the ten. Have a look at the EQ blog for details and keep coming back in case my blog is picked and you want a free copy too.

4 comments:

Cindi said...

Hi Elsie - Peggi & I both EQ - and we're looking forward to EQ7 too. Good luck on the giveaway!

Margo in Maine said...

I have pre ordered upgrade and am excited about it...Maine Quilts state show is having a class in July...

Margo in Maine said...

http://ihaveanotion.blogspot.com/

this site is $130 for EQ7 or upgrade is $50..quite a bit of saving...

Elsie Montgomery said...

That is cheaper. The EQ site offers the upgrades for $58, marked down from $89.95. Full version is now $142. Must be a price war going on!!