About a week ago, someone gave me a germ that proceeded to clean out my insides - thoroughly. I spent several days either sleeping or... well, no one needs the details. After a few days, I sat around a lot so had occasion to finish two projects, small ones.
They were both leftovers from a charm pack that I used to make a floral top using disappearing nine patch blocks. That one is not quilted yet, but I did some practice designs on these two smaller table mats.
The first one is a combo of rooster and beach fabric. I had quilting thread that was black, red and gold, one of those combos that you wonder why you bought it, but it was perfect for this one. I kind of like the results.
The second was monkeys and leaves. I tried a few fillers that I just made up as suggested by the designs on the fabric or my deranged mind. The border shows up the best, and it was a make it up as I go design too. The bindings are done, the labels are on, and as soon as I feel up to it, I'll finish the floral one, which is larger and not quite as quirky in fabric combination.