Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Library show


Yesterday our small neighborhood library had its second annual quilt show. This time I took six art quilts, first picture. The others are 'hung' the same, draped over chairs and on tables. It isn't the best way to show off quilts, but the people who came loved it. I could have sold my skinny seashore quilt at least three times.




The last quilt in the pictures is one that I don't have a name for. It is an exercise from Jenny Beyer's book on Tessellations, and I did it in English paper piecing. It was fun, and the result is interesting. I'm still open for name suggestions. Right now it is: 2D-SS-16, not very imaginative! If you double-click the detail view, you can see how I quilted it.



8 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Wow what a wonderful idea. Too bad there was not a better way to hang them. How did you get your library to do the quilt show?

Quiltdivajulie said...

Getting quilts out in the public eye is grand, no matter whether they are hung or draped . . . I actually like the less formal approach as it draws viewers in and makes it less intimidating. Love the idea of mixing quilts and books!

Anonymous said...

"Tortoiseshell Tessellations"

Elsie Montgomery said...

The library initiated this show, but I'm sure if you offered them some help doing it, your local library would be glad to do the same.

Margo in Maine said...

Very nice...thanks for sharing...

Elsie Montgomery said...

Accidental Poet aka Susan, will hopefully accept my invitation to be official title-giver of my quilts. Tortoiseshell Tessellations it is!

Anonymous said...

now you're making me smile :0

TB said...

Since my office moved, I actually drive past Jinny Beyer's studio/shop every day during the week. I keep thinking that I must stop in on the way home, but her shop closes at 5pm and it's cutting it close for me to be able to get there in time to spend some time there.