Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Overgrowth


This one was called Floral Friendship Stars, but since I used two darks instead of a dark and a medium, the stars are pretty much hiding in it. To me, it looks more like lattice, so I changed the name to Overgrowth. This title also fits the stage my stash was in when I started this one -- way too many florals that I was afraid may never get used. It will be a lap quilt for someone, perhaps a senior or a person who just loves these colors.

I quilted it all over with leaves, which seemed to be the right thing to do. Now to the next UFO...

3 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

It does have a lattice look, which the border emphasizes -- I do like the zigzag around the edge. Such a clever name for the reasons you made it!!

sewkalico said...

Love the lattice look and it's a great name!

Margo in Maine said...

Our choices sometimes turn out great...this is so pretty...love the name...