Friday, January 30, 2009

Pinwheels & Flying Geese in Ami's Garden


Ami is our second great granddaughter. She was born on Christmas Day. This quilt is for her, but still in progress. It is laying on the floor in strips. I've used fabrics from my stash only (determined to do that as much as possible this year). It has about 300 half square triangle blocks, about 3.5" square. I flipped through Spectacular Scraps before coming up with this layout.

I want the outer triangles to extend into the border so am trying to figure out how to piece that before I sew the strips together. My border print is laying underneath things at the top of the photo. It might look better with a darker border, but I've nothing that works. I like it okay, but wonder if I should go buy something else. I cannot take the layout to a shop to preview any choices, so am thinking it is safer to just go with this one.

Btw, this is Alberta in January, and it rained yesterday... a downpour. I've seen snow in every month, but never rain in January. My DH drove home from work last night on a street that had 6-8" of water because the storm sewers are plugged with ice/snow. I'm sure we now have many unplanned skating rinks throughout the city!

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is such a soft and pretty little quilt. I don't think you need a darker border.

sewkalico said...

Love the border triangles. And I agree, not a darker border - lighter maybe or as is, but not darker.
This is a very pretty quilt.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh... what a beauty. I understand why you were thinking darker border... but perhaps it isn't about the border but the journey outward into the border - in which case the choice in your photo is just fine...

LOVELY!!!

Anonymous said...

Amy's quilt is beautiful. It's great that you are using up your stash. Here in Windsor I wish it would do something other than snow(like melt). We have had more snow in January than all of last winter.