Monday, August 4, 2008

Blue Heart

One more heart! This one is a simple design made with squares and half-square triangles. I put the binding on the back side first, then turned it and machine sewed it on the front side. My Bernina 1630 has this neat foot that runs a vertical piece at the edge of a fold and stitches close beside it wherever I set the needle. This is a quick way to attach binding that I often use for baby quilts.

Now on to the next one... but maybe I will finish another UFO first. I've a crazy reason. This Blue Heart was quilt #99 and I might want #100 to be something other than another heart mat. I started making quilts in 1996, so feel pretty good at having this many completed. Even though the number includes many small ones, I'm a busy person and 100 seems a huge number for me!

2 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Almost 100! Wow!! Congratulations. As lovely as your heart mats are, I can see how you might want something special to commemorate the event.

TB said...

#100 approaching! That's wonderful, congratulations! I hadn't thought of counting what I've made, but you know what? I think I will do that. That's so cool!