Life can certainly side-track blogging. However, today I'm getting this posted and skipping breakfast (not really, but almost).
This is the result of all those mysterious pieces and strip-sets. The quilt top is 4 x 5 blocks, with sashing. Here it is tacked to my design wall so I can work out my ideas for borders. I think I will go with the arrangement down the left side, Only the wider border on the outside will be in the same fabric as the cornerstones in the sashing. I'll also bind it with that fabric.
This is for a long single bed, no bed skirt. My mother-in-law, who is in her eighties, wanted it wide enough to hang down like a bedspread. That makes in more like a queen size. I plan to have it long-arm quilted. I think she will like this old-fashioned look, made more interesting by being scrappy.
I would not likely have picked this pattern, but making it as a mystery quilt was a lot of fun--and used up a whole lot of pink and teal florals that I had no idea what to do with or why I bought them.
I did alter the design by making the sashing a bit wider than it called for, mostly because I didn't want to add really wide borders (to get the size needed) and have it look like it was more border than center.