Saturday, August 4, 2007

Peek-a-boo Teddy Bears

This is one of those 'mystery' blocks that looks so ordinary when pieced but forms these neat patterns when sewn together. I made it from several prints, one with teddy bears on a denim-blue colored background. It is 44" x 56" and went to a nephew when he was just a little fellow. This month, he and his parents moved to Australia. His mom, my sister-in-law, is having a rough time with them being so far away. While I guess I can now say I have a quilt in another continent, I'm thinking I should make her one to cuddle up in because she misses them so much.

For now, I'm working on a mountain landscape. It is large, and exciting. I used to paint mountains but now my paint is fabric—and the results are surprising me.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I really like this quilt. It is friendship star isnt' it? I love the secondary patterns when you choose your fabrics wisely. I can't wait to see your mountain landscape.
Wanda